Sales manager jobs are readily available in the Nigerian labour market and all over the world because companies or organizations are sales driven. Any profit-making venture will want to rake in as many sales as possible. Hence sales manager roles are very important. This article focuses on the job description, requirements, skills, and average salary of a sales manager job in Nigeria.
Who Is A Sales Manager?
A sales manager is a professional that is in charge of their company’s sales department’s success. They set goals for their team and produce monthly forecasting reports to see how well they’re doing in meeting those goals and budgets depending on income sources, ensuring that everything runs smoothly from month to month.
A Sales Manager’s responsibilities include hiring, training, and professional development for their teams, as well as setting weekly, monthly, or quarterly targets based on the team’s previous success. They also produce reports that show how effectively each individual meets the seasonal goals. All areas of generating new business while retaining client connections must be evaluated by these managers.
A Sales Manager’s responsibilities include setting monthly and annual quotas for the team and implementing marketing strategies to examine patterns that involve anything from revenue estimates to spending management. The managers guarantee that targets are met through performance reviews and rewards, emphasizing individual achievement rather than communal success, as seen in other businesses.
A Sales Manager assists their sales team by hiring and training new employees in their sector. They communicate with clients and customers as well. Sales Managers in larger companies report to a National Sales Manager, who keeps track of all sales made across the country.
Qualities Of A Good Sales Manager
A competent sales manager is analytical and communicates effectively both within and outside their organization. They must also have strong interpersonal skills to collaborate on a common aim. Finally, they must be strategic planners.
Job Brief Of A Sales Manager In Nigeria
Organizations are constantly searching for a high-performing Sales Manager to assist in achieving client acquisition and revenue growth goals while also maintaining the organization’s competitiveness and invention. As a sales manager, you will be in charge of maximizing the potential of sales staff, developing sales plans, and justifying those goals to top management.
Job Description Of Sales Manager Job In Nigeria
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the sales team
- Design and implement a strategic business plan that expands the company’s customer base and ensures its a strong presence
- Own recruiting, objectives setting, coaching, and performance monitoring of sales representatives
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Present sales, revenue, and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the management team
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
Requirements And Skills For A Sales Manager Job In Nigeria
- BS/MS degree in business administration or a related field
- Successful previous experience as a sales representative or sales manager, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- Committed to continuous education through workshops, seminars, and conferences
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Strong business sense and industry expertise
- Excellent mentoring, coaching, and people management skills
Average Salary Of Sales Manager Jobs In Nigeria
Based on salary estimates from 90 sales managers across Nigeria, the average monthly salary for a Sales Manager in Nigeria is 256,000 Naira. An entry-level sales manager earns around 81,000 Naira while a mid-level sales manager in Nigeria earns an average of 292,000 Naira. However, a senior-level sales manager in Nigeria earns up to 303,000 Naira.
Click here to start applying for available Sales Manager jobs in Nigeria and other related jobs as well.
You can also connect with Hubforjobs on all their social media handles for more regular job updates
LinkedIn : @HubForJobs
sales manager job description
regional sales manager salary in Nigeria
sales manager job description and salary
sales manager salary in Lagos
sales manager job description for resume
area sales manager salary