A fitness trainer guides teaches, and inspires people or groups to engage in physical activity, such as stretching, weight training, and cardiovascular exercise (exercises for the heart and blood system). Let’s take a look at the job description and average salary of fitness instructor in Nigeria.
It takes a lot of effort and drives to become and stay fit. Fitness instructors must be able to keep clients motivated and thrilled about their advancement to keep them coming back for more.Trainers in fitness deal with individuals of different ages and abilities. If they want to attract and keep customers, they must be amiable and motivating. To ascertain a client’s state of fitness and intended fitness objectives, they must also pay attention to what they have to say.
Fitness instructors will provide training sessions to the gym members in larger facilities. The fitness trainer will begin by assessing the client’s fitness level and personal goals when the client orders a session or a package. They will then create a customized training plan for their customer to adhere to, and they will keep track of their development.
In smaller facilities, fitness instructors frequently perform a variety of tasks in addition to their fitness responsibilities. These tasks include managing the front desk, enrolling new members, giving tours of the fitness center, writing newsletter articles, making posters and flyers, and supervising the areas with the weight-training and cardiovascular equipment.
Job Brief Of A Fitness Instructor
A fitness trainer is hired to oversee and manage various health and fitness initiatives.
As a fitness trainer, you will evaluate the clients’ physical and medical status, design suitable workout programs, and keep track of their progress.
Additionally, you will describe any applicable safety laws and regulations (e.g. use of equipment).
In conclusion, you’ll assist our clients in having fun while enhancing their health.
Job Description Of A Fitness Instructor
- Identify the clients’ fitness level and health
- Oversee completion of exercise routines
- Track clients’ physical progress
- Modify exercise plans based on needs, potential injuries or health issues
- Conduct individual and group fitness training sessions
- Adopt a holistic training approach (e.g. cardiovascular exercise, strength)
- Oversee the use of fitness equipment to ensure clients exercise properly and safely
- Handle nutrition and health-related questions
- Refer to and promote fitness packages and plans
- Carry out First Aid and CPR if needed
- Follow safety and hygiene guidelines
Requirements And Skills For A Fitness Instructor Job
- Previous work experience as a Fitness Trainer or similar role
- Knowledge of diverse exercises and how to adjust plans according to each client’s needs
- Ability to instruct and motivate people
- Excellent communication skills
- Available to work on early or late shifts and on weekends
- Proven experience of CPR and First Aid
- High School Diploma; degree in Kinesiology or Sports Science is a plus
Average Salary Of A Fitness Instructor in Nigeria
Based on our findings, the average salary of a fitness instructor in Nigeria is 84,000 Naira.
Log on to Hubforjobs.com Today, and avail yourself stress the unending stress of getting a job that suits you. Click here Hubforjobs
You can also connect with Hubforjobs on all their social media handles for more regular job updates.
LinkedIn : @HubForJobs
fitness trainer salary in nigeria
how to become a fitness instructor in nigeria