With the growth of e-commerce in Nigeria in recent years, there has been a surge in demand for dispatch riders. Companies like Jumia, Konga and the rest rely heavily on dispatch riders for the swift delivery of goods to customers.
This post highlights the job description and average salary of dispatch riders in Nigeria.
A dispatch rider person who ensures that a customer’s order is delivered to their respective location/address with a dispatch motorbike. The rider ensures everything works properly by interacting with customers and providing detailed logistics for delivery and customer pickup.
As we know e-commerce companies don’t necessarily need to have direct physical contact with customers, dispatch riders bridge that gap by having direct physical contact with customers or their representatives. They make sure all the information they need to make deliveries are accurate.
The main responsibilities of dispatch riders include:
- Receiving emergency and non-emergency calls and recording significant information during delivery
- Addressing problems and requests by transmitting information or providing solutions
- Dispatching orders for products or deliveries
Organizations hire a dependable Dispatch rider who can handle client delivery need swiftly
You’ll get requests, send messages, and keep track of vehicles.
The ideal applicant must be a strong communicator who can maintain cool and composure under pressure, especially in emergencies.
Must be able to multitask and take appropriate actions with minimal supervision.
The goal is to make it easier for customers to get their goods delivered to their destination swiftly without mixups.
Good Dispatch riders are good drivers with road safety and timely delivery on their front burner. They are effective communicators, organized, can remain calm during stressful situations, and have superior multi-tasking skills. They must be able to coordinate schedules, handle calls and use the radio, phone, and computer technology.
Job Description Of A Dispatch Rider In Nigeria
- Receive emergency and non-emergency calls and record significant information during product delivery
- Address problems and requests by transmitting information or providing solutions
- Dispatch orders for products or deliveries
- Prioritize delivery according to urgency and importance
- Use radio, phone, or computer to communicate with crews, vehicles, or other field units
- Monitor the route and status of field units to coordinate and prioritize their schedule
- Provide field units with information about orders, traffic, obstacles, and requirements
- Ensure timely delivery of products or deliverables
Requirement And Skills For A Dispatch Rider Job In Nigeria
- Proven experience as a dispatcher or relevant position
- Valid driver’s license and riders card
- Tech-savvy with knowledge of google map or other relevant geo-tracking apps
- Good knowledge of road networks within areas of operation
- Knowledge of procedures and guidelines for emergency situations
- Proficient in English (oral and written)
- Outstanding organizational and multitasking abilities
- Active listener with excellent communication skills
- Sound judgment and critical thinking
- High school diploma
Average Salary Of A Dispatch Rider In Nigeria
Based on the salary of 16 dispatch riders in Lagos, the average monthly salary for dispatch riders in Nigeria is 54,000 Naira.
However, entry-level dispatch riders earn as low as 39,000 Naira monthly while mid-level dispatch riders earn around 53,000 Naira. Senior-level dispatch riders can earn up to 100, 000 Naira monthly.
how to start a dispatch rider business
flight dispatcher salary in Nigeria
dispatch rider salary
how much does a dispatch bike cost
dispatch rider in Nigeria
dispatch rider job in Lagos