The world we live in has become highly computerized hence computer engineering jobs remain one job that continues to be in hot demand globally.
Who is a Computer Engineer?
A computer engineer is a specialist who controls and creates computer hardware. They frequently specialize in one of two areas: software or hardware.
They must, however, be able to program because their responsibilities include creating new computer programs as well as maintaining existing ones as needed.
Computer engineers use their knowledge of how software and hardware interact to create complicated computer systems for businesses.
Within a company, a Computer Engineer is responsible for designing computer systems, software, and hardware applications as needed.
They are responsible for designing various forms of networking equipment, such as routers and circuit boards, as well as testing and managing networks to ensure the security of information transmitted inside the firm.
Qualities Of A Good Computer Engineer
To understand complicated computer networks used in an organization, a qualified Computer Engineer must be well-versed in design analytics, algorithms, and analytical tools.
To tackle complex problems promptly, they must also have good critical thinking skills.
A Computer Engineer usually works alone on complicated problems inside a company, but when necessary, can collaborate with other IT experts such as a Systems Engineer.
Computer Engineer Job Brief
Organizations hire Computer Engineers to join their team and work with the Information Technology (IT) department to support the organization’s computer networks.
Designing, testing, and inspecting any software utilized within an organization’s computer system are all tasks of a computer engineer.
Finally, you’ll be in charge of upgrading various sorts of gear, such as routers and motherboards, as required.
Job Description Of A Computer Engineer In Nigeria
- Performing periodic analysis of computer hardware and software using available technology and testing tools
- Responding to computer-related issues and providing technical support to staff members
- Overseeing the company’s cloud storage accounts to guarantee they’re protected and secure
- Conduct validation testing for new and renovated motherboards
- Ensure existing computer equipment are up-to-date
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technologies and incorporate new technology into existing units
- Draft new computer equipment blueprints and present them to management
- Plan and manage the production of computer hardware equipment
Requirement And Skills For Computer Engineer Jobs
- Proven work experience as a Computer Engineer or similar role
- Strong knowledge of design analytics, algorithms, and measuring tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A creative thinker with good analytical abilities
- Proficient in problem-solving to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or computer science training preferred
The Average Salary Of Computer Engineer Jobs In Nigeria
Based on salary estimates from 30 people who work as computer engineers in Lagos, the average monthly salary for Computer engineers in Nigeria is 89,000 Naira.
However, entry-level computer engineers earn around 86,000 Naira per month while a mid-level computer engineer can earn up to 89,000 Naira. A senior-level computer engineer in Nigeria earns around 91,000 Naira
Read Also >>> Salary Structure Of Engineers In Nigeria
software engineering salary in nigeria
computer engineering salary per month
nigeria engineer salary
mechanical engineering salary in nigeria
civil engineering salary in nigeria
senior software engineer salary nigeria