In this post, we will be taking a look at the Job description and average salary of a typist in Nigeria. In this article, we will also be taking a look at the following:
- Who a typist is
- Job brief of a typist
- Qualities of a typist
- Job description of a typist
- Requirements And Skills Needed to work as a typist
- The average salary of a typist
- How to get a typist job in Nigeria
Who Is A Typist?
A typist is an administrative professional who prepares documents for her employer or independent clients. Clients expect a typist to prepare business documents quickly, efficiently, and accurately according to their needs and deadlines.
The basic responsibilities of a typist include:
- Transferring data from paper formats into digital files or database systems
- Transcribing documents from audio tapes
- Taking notes and creating detailed texts
The qualifications to become a typist are a high school diploma, strong typing skills, and the ability to use a computer, including word processing programs like Microsoft Word, Apple Pages, and Google Docs. You need strong communication skills to ensure you understand what your employer or clients need you to accomplish. You must be able to work to a deadline and juggle many projects that may be concurrent. Earning an associate degree in business administration is one way to demonstrate your skills and advance your career opportunities.
Job Brief Of A Typist
To handle typing and word processing work businesses frequently needs typists.
Successful typists type business materials and papers, such as reports, correspondence, and policy.
You should be able to proofread documents for grammar, spelling, and punctuation mistakes while working under pressure. Maintaining secrecy when handling sensitive material is crucial for this position.
As a typist, you should be able to guarantee that all employees have access to accurate, current documents for your company.
Job Description Of A Typist Job
- Transfer data from paper formats into digital files or database systems
- Transcribe documents from dictated tapes
- Take notes at meetings with managers and others to create detailed texts
- Edit completed work for grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Gather and organize typing material
- Create spreadsheets and presentations, combining various data from existing files
- Maintain physical and digital filing systems
- Scan and print files, as needed
- Keep information confidential following security policies
Skills And Requirements For a Typist Job
- Proven work experience as a Typist, Data Entry Clerk, or Data Entry operator
- Fast typing skills; using a touch typing system is a plus
- Experience using data recorders and optical scanners
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets
- Familiarity with office equipment
- Strong English language skills
- Attention to detail with an ability to spot grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors
- High school diploma; additional computer training or certification is a plus
Average Salary Of A Typist In Nigeria
In Nigeria, the salary of a typist falls between 18,000 Naira to 46,000 Naira.
How To Get Typist Jobs In Nigeria
Are you interested in typist jobs, log on to Hubforjobs.com today, and start applying for typist jobs near you. Click here Hubforjobs
You can also connect with Hubforjobs on all their social media handles for more regular job updates
LinkedIn : @HubForJobs