In this post, we will be taking a look at the job description and average salary of a statistician in Nigeria. For those who wish to work as a statistician, you are on the right page. Generally, we will be talking about the following:
- Who a statistician is
- Why is statistics important
- Job Brief of a statistician
- Qualities of a good statistician
- Job Description of a statistician
- Requirements and skills for a statistician job
- The average salary of a statistician in Nigeria
- How to get statistician jobs in Nigeria
Who Is A Statistician?
A statistician is a specialist who examines numerical data to find patterns and trends that can be used to guide planning and decision-making within an organization.
Basic duties of a statistician include:
- Interpreting statistical models and numerical data to help organizations plan and make decision-making processes
- Liaising with departments to obtain data, including production figures and costs, sales figures, as well as product supply and demand data
- Instructing departments on data submission requirements, including frequency and format
A statistician gathers various kinds of numerical data to spot market trends and assist firms in making better decisions all year long.
A statistician must carry out several tasks, such as gathering, analyzing, and interpreting data to spot patterns and connections between different data points.
They could also have to inform other departments and organization stakeholders of their results as necessary.
Why Is Statistics Important?
Statistics are very important to organizations and the world at large due to the following reasons:
- It helps to use descriptive statistics to understand the world
- It makes organizations and government agencies wary of misleading Charts
- It makes organizations and government agencies wary of confounding variables
- It enables better decisions to be made using probability
- It helps to understand P-Values in research
- It helps to understand the correlation
- It assists in making predictions
- It helps to understand potential bias in studies
- It helps to understand the assumptions made by statistical tests
- It helps to avoid overgeneralization
Job Brief Of A Statistician
A statistician’s major job brief is to analyze data and strengthen a company’s competitive edge by utilizing statistical information to aid in better planning decisions. The core duties of a statistician include compiling numerical data, conducting statistical analysis, and creating market reports. As a statistician, you will collaborate with many departments to evaluate market trends and spot chances for our company to streamline our operations.
Qualities Of A Good Statistician
To identify connections among many data points and interpret the data for an organization’s purposes, a competent statistician must possess exceptional analytical abilities. As they will be expected to provide information to stakeholders and other executives within the firm, they also need to be proficient communicators.
Job Brief Of A Statistician
- Create and maintain databases using statistical software programs, such as SPSS, SAS, or Stata
- Ensure data integrity by performing rigorous cleaning, error checking, and validation
- Analyze data using statistical techniques, formulas, and calculations
- Perform statistical tests to determine the reliability and soundness of results
- Contribute to strategic planning by identifying industry trends and preparing forecasts
- Describe, interpret and summarize conclusions
- Present statistical findings to management in reports that include executive summaries, charts, tables, and graphs
Requirements And Skills Needed To Work As A Statistician
- Proven work experience as a Statistician or similar role
- Proficiency in statistical software programs, including SPSS and R, or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of statistical methods, techniques, formulas, and tests
- Exceptional ability to interpret data and analyze trends, as well as prepare industry outlooks and forecasts
- Advanced business operation and industry knowledge
- Ability to liaise with other departments to coordinate data gathering
- Extensive experience in summarizing and presenting findings in reports
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Statistician
Average Salary Of A Statistician In Nigeria
Based on salary estimates from 10 statisticians in Nigeria, the average salary of a statistician is 88,000 Naira for an entry-level position. A mid-level statistician in Nigeria can earn around 96,000 Naira monthly
How To Get Statistician Jobs In Nigeria
Log on to Hubforjobs.com today, and start applying for published statistician jobs that suit you or other related jobs. Click here Hubforjobs
You can also connect with Hubforjobs on all their social media handles for more regular job updates
LinkedIn : @HubForJobs