A product manager job can be highly rewarding. For those looking forward to working as a product manager, this article might be quite helpful as we will be talking about the job description and average salary of product a manager in Nigeria. Also, we will be talking about the following:
- Who a product manager is
- What product management entails
- Qualities of a good product manager
- Job brief of a product manager
- Job description of a product manager
- Skills and requirements needed to work as a product manager
- The average salary of a product manager in Nigeria
- Career prospects for project managers in Nigeria
- How to get product manager jobs in Nigeria
Who Is A Product Manager?
A product manager is a person who determines the demands of the client and the more important business goals for a specific project, describes what success would look like in this case study, and motivates the team to make that vision a reality.
The primary duties of a product manager are:
- Creating buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Developing product pricing and positioning strategies
- Translating product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
A product manager manages the whole life cycle of one project by combining product planning and marketing. They are in charge of gathering client requirements, working with engineering to define their vision, and managing the strategies for product strategy, pricing, and positioning.
To develop successful products, the product manager must collect and prioritize client requirements. They have to establish a clear vision that is in line with the objectives of the engineering team and stay informed of all advancements that are crucial to obtaining our desired results. On development projects, Product Managers collaborate with groups of Associate Product Managers to define features that will meet user needs while remaining within budgetary restrictions. When launching new upgrades every few months, they estimate how long it will take to execute these activities based on experience or demographic data about users’ preferences to set expectations and avoid unpleasant surprises.
What Does Product Management Entail?
Product management entails looking after a specific product within a business. Project management is at the very heart of an organization that needs to balance the need to deliver value with what customers want and what’s technically and operationally possible. It involves coming up with a product strategy, thinking about what to build (Product Development), and working out how to market and sell the product (Product Marketing).
The key aims of product management include:
- Build once, sell many times – this gets the economies of scale that result in higher profitability
- Being an expert on the market as well as the product – makes sure you build products that customers will buy
- Lead within the business – with a balanced view across all the different aspects of the product
Qualities Of A Good Product Manager
To develop and manage a successful product strategy, a great product manager needs to have attention to detail, good communication skills, market knowledge, and industry trends.
Job Brief Of A Product Manager
A seasoned product manager who is enthusiastic about creating goods that consumers adore is what organizations are searching for. You will work in a fast-paced, dynamic workplace with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and launch products that support the mission and goals of the business.
Job Description Of A Product Manager
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Develop product pricing and positioning strategies
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Work closely with engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources
- Drive product launches including working with the public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
- Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
- Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services
Requirements And Skills Needed To Work As A Product Manager
- Proven work experience in product management or as an associate product manager
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job
- Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
Average Salary Of A Product Manager In Nigeria
Going by salary estimates from 15 product managers across Nigeria, we can tell you that the average monthly salary for a Product Manager in Nigeria is 330,000 Naira. Entry-level product managers earn up to 216,000 Naira monthly while mid-level product managers earn around 308,000 Naira. A senior-level product manager in Nigeria earns up to 544,000 Naira per month.
How to get product manager jobs in Nigeria
To get product manager jobs in Nigeria, simply log on to Hubforjobs.com today and start applying for available product management jobs that suit you. Click here Hubforjobs.
You can also connect with Hubforjobs on all their social media handles for more regular job updates
LinkedIn : @HubForJobs