A specialist who is in charge of creating commercial items and the production methods for them is known as a product engineer. This position collaborates closely with product development teams to transform concepts into sellable products based on market analysis. In this post, we will be taking a look at the job description and average salary of a product engineer in Nigeria.
We will also talk about the following:
- What product engineering entails
- Qualities of a good product engineer
- Job brief of a product engineer
- job description of a product engineer
- Requirements and skills for a product engineer job
- The average salary of a product engineer in Nigeria
- How to get product engineering jobs in Nigeria
What Does Product Engineering Entail?
The process of creating, designing, developing, testing, and deploying a software product is known as product engineering. The emergence of Web 2.0 technologies and utility-based software delivery via Software as a Service (SaaS) have sparked a gradual shift away from traditional software engineering toward product engineering for client-enabling engineering services.
Product engineering is responsible for handling every stage of the product life cycle, from creativity (when a concept is first developed) to deployment and user acceptability testing.
The various phases of product engineering are:
- Product Ideation
- Product Architecture
- Product Design
- Product Testing
- Product Migration and Porting
- Technical Support
- Sustaining Engineering
- Professional Services
The primary duties of a product engineer include:
- Developing design ideas based on customer interests, budgets, and market research
- Meeting with the development team to discuss product ideas
- Analyzing market and industry product trends
Product engineers are in charge of creating products and ensuring that they are produced following the standards established by the company. They are employed by factories that make everything from automobiles to electronics to furnishings.Product engineers are responsible for a wide range of tasks, but they often lead a team that develops new products to complete designs and start mass manufacturing of various goods.
They build product prototypes using various technologies, such as CAD software, which are later tested and modified in response to input from engineers.Product engineers collaborate with a variety of experts inside an organization, including engineers, to guarantee that goods are produced following the standards established by the latter.
Qualities Of A Good Product Engineer
Because they analyze a wide range of data to determine the quality and safety of products before they are put into production, good product engineers must have outstanding analytical abilities. Since they collaborate with engineering teams and product development teams to produce items, they also need to be strong communicators.
Job Brief Of A Product Engineer
To help with the design and production of an upcoming line of interesting products, companies will require the services and skills of a Product Engineer to join their team.The duties of a product engineer involve designing products and controlling their manufacturing to guarantee they adhere to our company’s safety and quality standards. As a product engineer, you will collaborate closely with our design team to produce goods that adhere to the standards of our company.
Job Description Of A Product Engineer
- Create rough product designs using sketches and computer software
- Conduct theoretical testing on design models
- Create full product designs and specifications using computer software modeling techniques
- Select product materials and design the product manufacturing process
- Oversee assembly and ensure that products conform to market specifications and safety regulations
Requirements And Skills Of A Product Engineer
- Proven work experience as a Product Engineer or similar role
- Advanced analytical and design skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of industry and market trends
- A bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or a similar field is preferred
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Product Engineer
Salary Of A Product Engineer In Nigeria
Based on salary estimates from 12 product engineers in Nigeria, we can boldly tell you that the average monthly salary of a product engineer in Nigeria is 192,000 Naira.
How To Get A Product Engineer Job In Nigeria
Log on to Hubforjobs.com today and start applying for the available product engineer jobs that suit you. CLICK HERE
You can also connect with Hubforjobs on all their social media handles for more regular job updates
LinkedIn : @hubforjobs
Salary Of A Product Engineer In Nigeria