In this post, we will be talking about the job description and average salary of a Network technician in Nigeria. Aside from this, we will also be taking a look at the following:
- Who a network technician is
- Job brief of a network technician
- Qualities of a network technician
- Job description of a network technician
- Requirements And Skills Needed to work as a network technician
- The average salary of a network technician
- How to get a network technician job in Nigeria
Who Is A Network Technician?
Computer network installation, upkeep, and maintenance are tasks handled by network technicians. They install internet connections in a variety of settings and link them with physical cables or wireless frequencies to generate a strong enough signal for a customer to use throughout a space.
Primary duties of a network technician include:
- Designing and installing well-functioning computer networks, connections, and cabling
- Performing troubleshooting to system failures and identifying bottlenecks to ensure long-term efficiency of network
- Testing and configuring software and maintaining and repairing hardware and peripheral devices
The network system at an organization is managed and maintained by the computer network technician. They set up, run, or improve computer systems. Additionally, they make sure that all electronic equipment is up to date and in working order so that clients’ gadgets may stay connected to the established networks.
The creation and installation of efficient computer networks and systems are the responsibility of network technicians. They set up electronic cabling and internet connections.
For the sake of preserving overall effectiveness in a space, they might also carry out troubleshooting on system breakdowns. To build and establish powerful networks that clients can use and connect to, network technicians collaborate with network engineers. A Technician makes sure the network is installed properly while the Engineer largely handles the network’s conception.
Job Brief Of A Network Technician
To complete activities related to network development and maintenance, organizations are always on the lookout for a qualified network technician. It will be your responsibility to construct the network in a way that maximizes its functionality. The ideal applicant will be a capable person who has a strong interest in technology. Effective troubleshooting and network function improvement require an analytical mentality. To ensure the inconspicuous operation of a business, the aim is to build and maintain a solid network.
Qualities Of A Good Network Administrator
Excellent communication skills are crucial for networking technicians. They will have to communicate effectively with others and absorb data from consumers who might not always use the right terms or be able to fully articulate their issues.
Job Description Of A Network Administrator
- Design and install well-functioning computer networks, connections, and cabling
- Perform troubleshooting of system failures and identify bottlenecks to ensure long-term efficiency of network
- Inspect LAN infrastructure and fix minor or major problems/bugs
- Test and configure software and maintain and repair hardware and peripheral devices
- Evaluate network performance and find ways to improvement
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- Do regular data backups to protect the organization’s information
- Provide technical direction to co-workers on the computer and network usage and offer comprehensive advice and instructions
Requirements And Skills For A Network Administrator Job
- Proven experience as a network technician or relevant position
- Outstanding diagnostic, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge of LAN/WAN networks, TCP/IP protocols, and network technologies
- Hands-on experience with common software and hardware
- CCENT/CCNA qualifications are strongly preferred
- BSc/BA in computer science, computer engineering, or relevant field
Average Salary Of Network Administrator In Nigeria
Based on salary estimates for network technicians in Nigeria, the average monthly salary for a Network Technician in Nigeria is 129,000 Naira monthly.
How To Get A Network Technician Job In Nigeria
To get a network technician job in Nigeria, simply log on to Hubforjobs.com today and start applying for a network technician job that suits you. Click here Hubforjobs
You can also connect with Hubforjobs on all their social media handles for more regular job updates
LinkedIn : @HubForJobs