We are currently in a world that is driven by data, hence database administrator jobs continue to be in hot demand. Let’s take a look at the Job description and average salary of a database administrator in Nigeria.
Who Is A Database Administrator?
Database administrators are experts who make sure that all databases, especially those used to store financial or consumer data, are kept up to date with the latest security measures. They use their computer science expertise to address any issues if they arise on-site at their workplace.
Database administrators make ensuring the databases are secure and operate effectively. For instance, the design or arrange databases to store various types of data, such as shipping records from customers and financial data. They also guarantee that this information is accessible to authorized individuals when needed.
Database administrators are in charge of managing and maintaining business databases. Their responsibilities include ensuring that a data management policy is followed and that these crucial pieces of the technology remain operational.
The results of a Data Architect’s work are frequently used by a database administrator. They check the logical data models the Architect produced to make sure they are free of errors.
Job Brief Of A Database Administrator
A qualified Database Administrator (DBA) will keep the database operational around the clock. The objective is to offer a seamless flow of information throughout the organization, taking into account both the frontend user experience and the backend data structure.
Job Description Of A Database Administrator
- Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialized role
- Design and implement database in accordance to end users’ information needs and views
- Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in an appropriate format and promptly
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data
- Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures, and standards
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy, and integrity
- Monitor database performance, implement changes, and apply new patches and versions when required
Requirements And Skills Of A Database Administrator
- Proven working experience as a Database Administrator
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end-user applications
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity, and SQL
- Familiarity with database design, documentation, and coding
- Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third-party tools
- Familiarity with programming languages API
- Problem-solving skills and ability to think algorithmically
- BS degree in a computer discipline or relevant certification
Average Salary Of A Database Administrator In Nigeria
Based on salary estimates of 7 Database admins across Nigeria, we can boldly tell you that the average monthly salary for Database admins in Nigeria is 227,000 Naira. However, entry-level database administrators earn around 117,000 Naira while mid-level database admins earn up to 204,000 Naira. A senior-level database administrator earns up to 366,000 Naira per month.
Log on to our website today and start applying for related jobs that suit you. Click here Hubforjobs
You can also connect with Hubforjobs on all their social media handles for more regular job updates
LinkedIn : @HubForJobs
database administrator salary
data annotator salary in nigeria
database administrator job description
data scientist salary in nigeria
oracle database administrator salary in nigeria
database administrator salary in us
database administrator salary in Canada
lotus bank salary structure