Interested in data entry jobs? If yes, how do I find data entry jobs near me ? is a question that will be constantly popping up in your head. Data Entry Jobs is one of the most readily available jobs in Nigeria. If you are looking for data entry jobs this post is for you as we will be taking a critical look at the job description and average salary of a data entry clerk in Nigeria.
A person who converts paper formats into digital files or database systems is known as a data entry clerk. They handle immediately entering client data provided electronically into spreadsheets with several statistics. Due to the potential for mistakes to result in more serious issues within a corporation, attention to detail is crucial.
By adding new and updated information and creating source files that will be used in digital formats, a data entry clerk maintains the client database. The procedure entails gathering all records into a single file or table and sorting them according to standards. Data entry clerks are in charge of entering information from paper-based formats into databases or computer files.
They manually transfer data or use scanners to do so. They construct spreadsheets by typing in customer information and checking them against source documents at various points along the way. A Database administrator, who is in charge of ensuring the accuracy of various documents, works with the Data Entry Clerk. They scan documents and arrange them properly so that workers may find them as quickly as possible.
A data entry clerk needs to be accurate, quick, and proficient in communication. High levels of concentration are required. They must maintain attention on their task while limiting outside distractions. Being tech-savvy is also crucial because they operate mostly from computers.
Job Brief Of A Data Entry Clerk
To enter data from paper documents into an organization’s database, data entry clerks are required. The ideal applicant will be proficient with computers, a quick typist, and meticulous in their work. You will report directly to a database manager or another senior data team member will be your direct report. Data confidentiality standards must be understood. The organization will rely on you for up-to-date, correct data that is simple to access through a digital database.
Job Description Of A Data Entry Clerk
- Transfer data from paper formats into computer files or database systems using keyboards, data recorders, or optical scanners
- Type in data provided directly from customers
- Create spreadsheets with large numbers of figures without mistakes
- Verify data by comparing it to source documents
- Update existing data
- Retrieve data from the database or electronic files as requested
- Perform regular backups to ensure data preservation
- Sort and organize paperwork after entering data to ensure it is not lost
Requirements And Skills For A Data Entry Job
- Proven experience as a data entry clerk
- Fast typing skills; Knowledge of the touch typing system is strongly preferred
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel, etc.)
- Working knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and peripheral devices
- Basic understanding of databases
- Good command of English both oral and written and customer service skills
- Great attention to detail
- High school degree or equivalent
Average Salary Of Data Entry Clerk In Nigeria
Based on salary estimates from 12 people who work as data entry clerks in Lagos, the average monthly salary for Data Entry clerks in Nigeria is 71,000 Naira.
Log on to our website today and start applying for data entry jobs. Click here Hubforjobs
You can also connect with Hubforjobs on all their social media handles for more regular job updates
LinkedIn : @HubForJobs
data entry clerk salary per hour
data entry jobs salary per month
data entry job description
data entry jobs online
data entry jobs