In this post, we will be talking about the job description and average salary of a computer technician in Nigeria. Aside from this, we will also be taking a look at the following:
- Who a computer technician is
- Job brief of a computer technician
- Qualities of a computer technician
- Job description of a computer technician
- Requirements And Skills Needed to work as a computer technician
- The average salary of a computer technician
- How to get a computer technician job in Nigeria
Who Is A Computer Technician?
A computer technician is a specialist entrusted with maintaining computer systems, debugging issues, and fixing the hardware of the company. These experts offer technical help for both staff and clients on-site or remotely using their expertise in networking and software applications.
The basic duties of a computer technician are:
- Setting up hardware and installing and configuring software and drivers
- Maintaining and repairing technological equipment (e.g. routers) or peripheral devices
- Installing well-functioning LAN/WAN and other networks and managing components (servers, IPs, etc.)
For a company, a computer technician installs, maintains, and fixes computer hardware and software. To assist their customers, they also investigate user issues. A computer technician’s daily duties include installing new hardware or software systems, identifying computer problems as they occur, and maintaining their systems by updating them as required. Problems with network connectivity are also fixed. Computer technicians typically assist employees in various departments of a firm with computer issues, but they also collaborate with other IT help desk technicians to offer the best support.
Qualities Of A Good Computer Technician
A good computer technician possesses strong analytical and problem-solving abilities as well as in-depth technological expertise. Additionally, they must possess great communication skills to offer prompt assistance when required, as well as the ability to effectively optimize systems while enhancing network security.
Job Brief Of A Computer Technician
To install, maintain, and repair computers and networks, we are looking for a competent computer technician. You will be responsible for ensuring that a suitable IT infrastructure is set up and utilized to its fullest extent.
You need to be knowledgeable about computer systems and network operations to work as a computer technician. To resolve issues and guarantee functionality, the ideal applicant must be able to work diligently, accurately, and with exceptional problem-solving skills. Installing and maintaining top-notch computer networks is the aim.
Job Description Of A Computer Technician
- Set up hardware and install and configure software and drivers
- Maintain and repair technological equipment (e.g. routers) or peripheral devices
- Install well-functioning LAN/WAN and other networks and manage components (servers, IPs, etc.)
- Manage security options and software in computers and networks to maintain privacy and protection from attacks
- Perform regular upgrades to ensure systems remain updated
- Troubleshoot system failures or bugs and provide solutions to restore functionality
- Arrange maintenance sessions to discover and mend inefficiencies
- Keep records of repairs and fixes for future reference
- Offer timely technical support and teach users how to utilize computers correctly
Skills And Requirements For A Computer Technician Job
- Proven experience as a computer technician or similar role
- Experience with LAN/WAN networks
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems and IT components
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Very good communication abilities
- Exceptional organizing and time-management skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field
- Relevant certifications (e.g. CompTIA A+) will be an advantage
Average Salary Of A Computer Technician In Nigeria
Based on salary estimates from 2 employers, the average monthly salary of a computer technician is 42,000 Naira.
How To Get A Computer Technician Job In Nigeria
To get a computer technician job, log on to Hubforjobs.com today and start applying for computer technician jobs that suit you. Click here Hubforjobs
You can also connect with Hubforjobs on all their social media handles for more regular job updates
LinkedIn : @HubForJobs