Cloud engineering is one of the top IT skills of fortune. Working as a cloud engineer in Nigeria or any part of the world is highly rewarding as cloud engineering skills will be in hot demand for a very long time. This post will talk about the job description and average salary of a cloud engineer in Nigeria.
In this post, you will learn the following:
- Who a cloud engineer is
- What cloud computing entails
- Job brief of a cloud engineer
- Job description of a cloud engineer
- Requirements and skills for a cloud engineering job
- How to become a cloud engineer in Nigeria
- Average salary of a cloud engineer in Nigeria
- Difference between a cloud engineer and a cloud architect
- Career prospects for cloud engineers in Nigeria
Who Is A Cloud Engineer?
This is an IT expert who constructs and maintains cloud computing infrastructure. The basic duties of a cloud engineer are:
- Collaborating with engineering and development teams to evaluate and identify optimal cloud solutions
- Modifying and improving existing systems
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud technologies and initiatives
A cloud engineer is responsible for a variety of tasks, including evaluating the cloud infrastructure of a company and keeping track of its capacity and scalability capability. In order to ensure that they can comprehend and implement code as necessary, a skilled cloud engineer must have great general programming skills.
They must also possess strong leadership qualities because they work with a group of IT specialists to build and maintain the infrastructure of the company. A cloud engineer will collaborate with a wide range of experts, including Cloud architects, and IT technicians, to develop and maintain a company’s cloud infrastructure.
What Does Cloud Computing Entail?
Recently, cloud technology has spread like wildfire. In reality, you likely employ cloud-based technology regularly in daily activities. Cloud technology makes it possible to use online email platforms, backup your phone photos to the internet, and watch TV or listen to music on your preferred streaming services. For a business, this translates to easier data storage and backup procedures, on-demand software updates, and perhaps even the ability for consumers to access their data from various devices. You will perform behind-the-scenes maintenance work as a cloud engineer.
Job Brief Of A Cloud Engineer
The job brief of a cloud engineer entails optimizing the cloud-based systems used by an organization by making sure everything is well put into place, and perfectly maintained. Deploying and troubleshooting systems as well as carrying out fresh cloud initiatives are among the duties of a cloud engineer. As a cloud engineer, you’ll collaborate with various IT experts and teams to make sure your organization’s cloud computing solutions are functional for both your organization and their clients.
Job Description Of A Cloud Engineer
- Design, develop, and deploy modular cloud-based systems
- Develop and maintain cloud solutions in accordance with best practices
- Ensure efficient functioning of data storage and process functions in accordance with company security policies and best practices in cloud security
- Identify, analyze, and resolve infrastructure vulnerabilities and application deployment issues
- Regularly review existing systems and make recommendations for improvements
- Interact with clients, provide cloud support, and make recommendations based on client needs
Requirements And Skills Needed For A Cloud Computing Job
- Proven work experience as a Cloud Engineer or similar role
- Azure, AWS, and GCP certifications preferred
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Client management skills to discuss systems as needed
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Cloud Engineer
How To Become A Cloud Engineer In Nigeria
Get the required skills through education: Learning the skills required for this job and pursuing suitable education are the initial steps in the process of becoming a cloud engineer. Employers are seeking analytical talents, and frequently those analytical skills can be learned through education.
Although there may occasionally be some confusion over the education requirements for cloud engineering roles, obtaining a degree or certificate in a computing-related discipline can make you stand out. While some firms would favor applicants with bachelor’s degrees, others could demand individuals with master’s degrees in computer science or a closely related profession. Obtaining a certificate in cloud computing from a reputable institution after your first degree is another way to gain the most in-demand cloud computing abilities. Employer-required skills can be developed through certificate programs in Cloud Software Development.
The modules of these certificate programs are made up of :
- Knowledge of cloud service providers
- Programming skills, such as SQL, R, and Python
- Cloud security
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Development and maintenance of databases
Obtain the required certifications for cloud engineers: You should be prepared to obtain certifications that are pertinent to your intended role once you have finished the required schooling and established your skills. Apart from your educational background and skill, employers also look at a whole bunch of certifications to discover what specific knowledge prospective employees have about different cloud providers. AWS Practitioner and Associate certifications, for example, can be tremendously useful for companies to understand what a potential employee knows. Your education and training may in some situations directly equip you to apply for and complete particular certification programs. As the majority of certifications are dedicated to one cloud provider, it’s crucial to consider your professional aspirations when selecting which ones to pursue. Although some employers may ask for specific certifications when hiring for a given function, many of the abilities required to obtain certification in one provider are frequently transferrable to others.
Gain relevant work experience:
With the right work experience, your aspirations of becoming a cloud engineer can easily be fulfilled. Look for ways to get relevant experience in cloud computing to give yourself a competitive edge in the employment market. Whether you already have a career in IT or not, you can use your professional network or concentrate on making new relationships to gain exposure to the industry. By doing this, you can pick up from others’ mistakes and possibly discover how to get engaged in initiatives that will help you hone your abilities. Some degree and certificate programs will give you the chance to complete their coursework while working on actual business issues with a firm.
Average Salary Of A Cloud Engineer In Nigeria
Based on salary estimates from 2 cloud engineers in Nigeria, the average monthly salary for a Cloud Engineer in Nigeria is 263,000 Naira.
Difference Between A Cloud Engineer And A Cloud Architect
Core duties of a cloud architect include:
- Overseeing the transfer of data from traditional to cloud-based services
- Installing and configuring software
- Maintaining cloud-based services
- Creating operating procedures
- Identifying and correcting problems
- Creating production and migration schedules
While core duties of a cloud engineer include:
- Meeting with managers and clients
- Constructing cloud-based servers
- Overseeing the work of cloud architects and other staff
- Assessing the software needs of their business
- Ensuring cloud-based systems and programs are secure
- Testing systems
The infrastructure of cloud-based computer systems is the primary focus of cloud engineers. They create documentation explaining the design of their systems as part of their job. Because they work with both computer hardware and software, they have a larger range of responsibilities. They must be knowledgeable about several operating systems and computer languages, such as Python. To solve performance problems, they also need to have strong problem-solving abilities. It is highly desirable to have Linux and Amazon Web Services knowledge.
Log on to Hubforjobs.com Today, and avail yourself stress the unending stress of getting a job that suits you. Click here Hubforjobs
You can also connect with Hubforjobs on all their social media handles for more regular job updates
LinkedIn : @HubForJobs