A flight attendant job is one of the most sorts after aviation jobs. In this post, we will take you through the steps on how to become a flight attendant in Nigeria.
Who Is A Flight Attendant?
On commercial flights, flight attendants are responsible for the safety and comfort of passengers. They assist passengers with boarding and deplaning, offer flight schedules and destinations, serve food and refreshments, and ensure that all safety protocols are followed.
They must be able to multitask well while maintaining a calm disposition in difficult conditions. To connect with passengers respectfully and professionally, they must also have great communication skills. One of the most demanding and stressful occupations in the aviation business is that of a flight attendant.
They are in charge of the passengers’ safety and comfort throughout flights that might last anywhere from a few hours to more than 12 hours. They must be able to work long shifts with little or no rest, as well as deal with the stress of being on call. Working in close quarters with other people, such as other flight attendants, pilots, and passengers, poses additional obstacles for flight attendants.
They must be able to operate well under pressure and cope with the job’s physical and emotional demands. Flight attendants have a particular path to follow in their careers. They begin their careers as cabin crew members and progress through the ranks to become flight supervisors or even airline CEOs. They get experience in a variety of aspects of the aviation industry, including customer service, safety, and operations, along the way.
To be successful in this field, you must be able to handle a multitude of duties at once and deal calmly and effectively with challenging situations. You should also be at ease working with people from various backgrounds.
Job Description Of A Flight Attendant
Flight attendants are responsible for a variety of tasks, including:
- Keeping an eye on passengers to make sure they follow safety procedures
- Making announcements on safety protocols or other related topics, like weather or flight delays.
- Non-medical first aid is provided to passengers who are ill or injured.
- Notifying the proper authorities of any suspicious actions, security threats, or other problems
- Assisting passengers with impairments or special requirements
- Customer complaints and inquiries concerning the airline’s policies and services are handled.
- Passengers are served food and refreshments during their flight.
- Assisting passengers with their luggage and storing it in overhead bins or beneath seats
- Delivering safety advice to passengers before departure and after landing to ensure that they are informed of the procedures they need to take in the event of an emergency.
Requirements And Skills For Flight Attendant Job In Nigeria
The following are standard requirements for flight attendants:
1 . A high school diploma is usually needed for flight attendants
A bachelor’s degree in hospitality, aviation, or a similar profession may be required for several airlines.
2 . Flight attendants spend the majority of their time learning on the job. Before starting work, they may spend a few weeks to a month shadowing other flight attendants. They may also be given specialized training to work on the aircraft of a specific carrier.
3 . Credentials & Licenses: You may need to earn aviation certifications before beginning employment as a flight attendant, depending on the airline for which you apply.
4 . Communication skills are used by flight attendants to interact with passengers, other crew members, and management. They also employ their communication abilities to communicate information such as safety regulations, flight changes, and other critical details.
5 . Flight attendants must be able to provide excellent customer service because they contact passengers daily.
They must be able to respond to inquiries, give instructions, and handle problems. Flight attendants must also be able to remain calm and diplomatic in stressful situations.
6 . Multitasking: Flight attendants must frequently multitask due to their several obligations throughout the day. Passengers may be required to check in, prepare food, clean cabins, and deal with customer service difficulties. Being able to multitask can assist you in completing your tasks on time.
7 . Flexibility: You may be needed to work different shifts, days, and times as an airline flight attendant than you typically would.
You can also be needed to work on weekends or holidays.
Flexibility can help you adapt to these changes while still doing a good job.
8 . Empathy is used by flight attendants to make passengers feel at ease and safe during their journey. They also employ empathy to assist passengers who are afraid of flying or are in an emergency.
How Much Does Flight Attendants Earn In Nigeria?
Interested in finding out flight attendant salary in Nigeria? Well, the average salary of a flight attendant in Nigeria is 116,000 Naira. Entry-level flight attendants earn around 91,000 Naira while mid-level flight attendants can earn up to 189,000 Naira.
Lets compare how much some international airlines pay their flight attendants with that of a Nigerian flight attendant. In Nigeria, the average salary of a flight attendant is 116,000 Naira. Entry-level flight attendants earn around 91,000 Naira while mid-level flight attendants can earn up to 189,000 Naira.
Based on our research, we discovered that Delta flight attendant salary is approximately $49,407 yearly while American Airlines flight attendant salary is approximately $35,782 per year. Southwest flight attendant salary is approximately $51,742 per annum
How To Become A Flight Attendant In Nigeria
- Becoming a flight attendant is not as complicated as most people think. To become a flight attendant, follow the following steps;
- You must fulfill the academic and experience standards set forth by the airlines. Applicants for flight attendant jobs must possess a minimum high school diploma.
- Additionally, there are certain physical standards for flight attendants. Typically, there are minimum and maximum heights for airlines. Additionally, they call for attendants to be able to use appropriate accommodations to push, pull, bend, and lift a variety of objects while sitting in a jumpseat. A background check and a pre-employment drug test are further requirements.
- In general, visible tattoos are prohibited unless they can be covered up with makeup.
- Attend the training Program and get a certificate after the training to demonstrate your proficiency.
Log on to our website today, and start applying for available jobs that suit you. Click here Hubforjobs
You can also connect with Hubforjobs on all their social media handles for more regular job updates
LinkedIn : @HubForJobs