Here is an article on Civil Defence Recruitment. This post covers how to apply, requirements and so much more. Please note that NSCDC recruitment application is free. Ensure you take note of this if you wish to apply during Civil Defence recruitment.
Brief Details About Civil Defense
According to Wikipedia, The Nigerian government, with the National Assembly’s approval, founded the paramilitary Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) in May 1967. The statute was revised in 2007 to increase the corp’s legal obligations. Its objective is to offer protection for the country and its people against threats, attacks, and natural disasters.
The lay Act No. 2 of 2003, as revised by Act 6 of 4 June 2007, grants the corps legal authority. To strengthen the Corps in the performance of its statutory duties, the Corps is authorized to institute legal proceedings by or in the name of the Attorney General of the Federation following the provisions of the Federal Republic of Nigeria’s constitution against any person or persons suspected of having committed an offense, to maintain an armed squad to carry weapons, among other things.
To educate and safeguard the general public, the NSCDC was first established in Lagos, then the Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria, in May 1967, during the Nigerian Civil War. The Lagos Civil Defence Committee was its previous name.
In 1970, it transformed to become the modern-day NSCDC. Since most Nigerians living in and around Lagos territory at the time had little to no knowledge about war and its repercussions, the Corps’ initial mission was to conduct some educational and enlightenment campaigns in and around the Federal Capital of Lagos to alert citizens to enemy attacks and how to protect themselves from danger.
Members of the Committee thought it was crucial to spreading knowledge about how to navigate during air raids and bomb assaults, identify bombs, and dive into trenches during bomb blasts through electronic and print media. The Corps underwent a major reorganization in 1988 that resulted in the construction of commands around the Federation, including Abuja, and the addition of particular responsibilities by the Federal Government. The Corps had been turned into a national security organization in 1984. Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, GCFR, the former president and Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, signed into law an Act to provide legislative backing to the NSCDC on June 28, 2003, after it had been approved by the National Assembly.
Requirements For NSCDC Recruitment
Civil defence recruitment is open to Nigerians across the 36 states of the federation including the FCT.
See the eligibility criteria below:
- The candidate must be a Nigerian by birth
- Candidate must not be less than 1.7 meters in height, for males and 1.64 meters for females.
- The candidate must have a fully expanded chest measurement of not less than 0.87 meters, male
- The candidate must be medically fit and must have a certified medical report from any government hospitals
- The candidate must not be suffering from any physical or mental disabilities
- Candidate must possess the WASSCE certificate with not less than 5 credit pass in the core subjects including mathematics and English language in not more than 2 sittings
- Applicants with higher degrees such as OND, HND, BSC, etc can also apply
How To Apply For 2022 Civil Defence Recruitment
Follow the procedures below when you are ready to apply for the Nigerian security and civil defence corps recruitment;
- Visit http://cdfipb.careers
- Create or login to your account
- Fill the online application form
- Attach the required documents
- Submit your application
If you found this article informative and helpful, log on to Hubforjobs.com for more. Click here Hubforjobs
You can also connect with Hubforjobs on all their social media handles for more regular job updates
LinkedIn : @HubForJobs