In this article, we will furnish you with all the vital information you need on CBN recruitment. The content of this post covers: how to apply for CBN recruitment, requirements and other related information to help you get the job.
Brief Details About CBN
The mandate of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) is derived from the 1958 Act of Parliament, as amended in 1991, 1993, 1997,1998,1999 and 2007. The CBN Act of 2007 of the Federal Republic of Nigeria charges the Bank with the overall control and administration of the monetary and financial sector policies of the Federal Government.
The objects of the CBN are as follows:
- ensure monetary and price stability;
- issue legal tender currency in Nigeria;
- maintain external reserves to safeguard the international value of the legal tender currency;
- promote a sound financial system in Nigeria; and
- act as Banker and provide economic and financial advice to the Federal Government.
Consequently, the Bank is charged with the responsibility of administering the Banks and Other Financial Institutions Act (BOFIA), 2020, with the sole aim of ensuring high standards of banking practice and financial stability through its surveillance activities, as well as the promotion of an efficient payment system. In addition to its core functions, CBN has over the years performed some major developmental functions, focussed on all the key sectors of the Nigerian economy (financial, agricultural and industrial sectors). Overall, these mandates are carried out by the Bank through its various departments.
Requirements For Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Recruitment
The following are the prerequisites specified on the CBN recruitment portal. To get recruited, you must meet the requirements listed below.
- All Applicants must be a citizen of Nigeria.
- Interested candidates must have good communication skills.
- Interested applicants must be between the ages of 22 and 30.
- All candidates must present a National Identification Cards such as an International passport, National ID card, Voters card, or driver license.
- Two (2) passport sized photographs.
- HND, B.Sc, NCE, or an OND certificate in any related field, and from a recognized University.
- Knowledge in computer application will be an added advantage. Applicants must have good knowledge of Web applications, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Power Point, Microsoft Access, and other related applications.
- Must possess a minimum of Five Credits in no more than two sittings in West African Senior School Certificate (WASSCE), National Examination Council (NECO), and General Certificate of Education (GCE). Credit in English and Mathematics is compulsory.
- Must not have any criminal record as at the time of application.
- Download and print out both the Parent/guardian and Acknowledgment form.
- Interested applicants must be physically, mentally fit.
- Must be willing to work in a new environment.
Central Bank of Nigeria Available Jobs
Below are some of the departmental jobs available at the Central Bank of Nigeria.
- Security Services
- Trade and Exchange
- Banking Supervision
- Corporate Communication
- Legal Services
- Consumer Protection
- Capacity Development
- Financial Market
- Human Resources
- Financial Policy and Regulations
- Procurement and Support services
- Monetary Policy
- Medical Services
How to Apply for CBN Recruitment
To apply, follow the steps below:
- Visit the Central Bank of Nigeria official website at cbn.gov.ng
- Click on CAREER at the top of the page to apply
- Pick a job opening
- Read the requirements as outline on the page
- Next, apply for any of the job openings
We hope you found this piece informative, log on to Hubforjobs.com for more. Click here Hubforjobs
You can also connect with Hubforjobs on all their social media handles for more regular job updates
LinkedIn : @HubForJobs