In this article, we will be talking about the Job description and average salary of Biochemists in Nigeria. For those looking forward to Biochemist jobs in Nigeria, this post is for you.
Who Is A Biochemist?
A biochemist is a specialist who studies various life forms to comprehend their makeup, functions, and how chemicals affect them. The study of biochemists is centered on physical concepts like genetics & disease states in organisms, as well as chemical processes like how cells grow or develop.
The duties of a biochemist will vary based on the topic, but they often center on carrying out intricate research and supervising lab teams to examine how organisms respond to medications, hormones, and nutrients. As part of an experiment or project, biochemists collaborate with a variety of biologists and technologists, including data scientists, to gather and evaluate data.
Job Brief Of A Biochemist
A biochemist is normally hired to join an existing team and help with various research projects and studies. As a biochemist, you will be conducting research, documenting analytical results, and making recommendations to your organization.
Additionally, you might have to manage research assistants, use software, and develop facilities or equipment as necessary. You’ll collaborate with a group of researchers and support staff to carry out studies and experiments as required by the business.
Qualities Of A Good Biochemist
A skilled biochemist must approach scientific study methodically since they must make sure their conclusions are correct and credible. A research project or experiment will require them to understand large volumes of data, thus they also need to have a strong analytical mind.
Job Description Of A Biochemist
- Design and build equipment or facilities for use in experiments or research
- Prepare and refine chemical compounds for public or medical use
- Present findings to students, colleagues, or leadership
- Solve complex problems with materials, technology, or processes to improve the overall quality of work or achieve the desired outcome
- Hire, train, motivate, and coach staff members and colleagues
Requirements And Skills For A Biochemist Job
- Proven work experience as a Biochemist or similar role
- Familiarity with laboratory testing, data recording practices, and safety procedures
- Strong understanding of scientific concepts and biological processes
- Ability to train, motivate, coach, and lead a team of other researchers and research assistants
- Excellent problem solving, verbal and written communication, project and resource management, and computer skills
- Bachelor’s degree in biology or chemistry is preferred
Average Salary Of A Biochemist Jobs In Nigeria
Based on salary estimates of 18 biochemists, the average monthly salary for biochemists in Nigeria is 57, 000 Naira. An entry-level biochemist can earn 51,000 Naira while a mid-level biochemist earns up to 105,000 Naira per month.
Where Can Work As A Biochemist In Nigeria
As a biochemist in Nigeria you can work in the following places and more:
- Food Industry, e.g. Dangote, Dufil foods, e.t.c
- Raw Material Industry, e.g. Bua Cement Company
- Medical Centre, e.g. Hospitals, Clinic, Medical organizations
- Pharmaceutical Company, e.g. Emzor
- Medical Laboratories
- Pharmacies etc.
Sign up on our website today, and start applying for biochemist jobs or other jobs that suits you. Click here Hubforjobs
You can also connect with Hubforjobs on all their social media handles for more regular job updates
LinkedIn : @HubForJobs
biochemistry jobs in hospitals
is biochemistry marketable in nigeria
where can a biochemist work in nigeria
microbiologist salary in nigeria
biochemist salary in nigeria
can a biochemist work in nafdac
biochemist salary per month
highest paying biochemistry jobs