For those looking for bartender jobs, the first question that comes to their mind is “how to find a bartender job near me” Many go on google to simply search for “bartender jobs near me” Bartending jobs are one of the easiest to get anywhere in Nigeria. This is due to the fact that hotels, lounges, and bars are almost on every street in Nigeria. You can work as a bartender in a bar, hotel, or lounge. Some hotels, bars, or lounges also offer part-time bartender jobs for students.
In this post, we will take a look at the following: How to find a bartender job near you, the job description of a bartender, how to become a bartender, the average salary of a bartender in Nigeria, how to write an application for a server or bartender jobs. Keep reading, we got it all covered.
Who Is A Bar Tender?
A person who prepares and serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages is known as a bartender. Bartenders are courteous, well-organized, and professional individuals. They are effective and excel at providing excellent customer service.
Also, bartenders are highly imaginative. They create new drinks. Customers’ suggestions can be taken into account, and ingredients can be changed to suit personal preferences. By blending and fulfilling drink orders, bartenders interact directly with consumers. They are responsible for checking age restrictions, understanding alcohol pairings and tastes, making classic and elegant drinks, collecting payments, controlling inventory, and maintaining bar supplies.
Additionally, they take direct meal orders from guests or wait staff and let consumers know about any promotions. They handle all aspects of the bar’s operations, replenish bar inventory, decide on menu items, and maintain food and beverage compliance. A competent bartender is well-organized, has a strong memory, and is able to interact with a wide range of customers effectively.
They are enthusiastic, self-assured, and well-versed in alcoholic beverages, and they have effective time management techniques. They must be able to work rapidly, systematically, and in high-energy settings.
Job Brief Of A Bar Tender
Bartenders are being hired to give guests a fantastic drinking experience. Employers are always on the lookout for passionate bartenders. A good bartender will be able to make beverages that go beyond the demands and expectations of customers.
Job Description Of A Bar Tender
- Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages for bar and restaurant patrons
- Interact with customers, take orders and serve snacks and drinks
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails
- Plan and present bar menu
- Check customers’ identification and confirm it meets the legal drinking age
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies
- Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations
Requirements And Skills Needed For Bar Tender Jobs
- Resume and proven working experience as a Bartender
- Excellent knowledge in mixing, garnishing, and serving drinks
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of a second language is a plus
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Ability to keep the bar organized, stocked, and clean
- Relevant training certificate
How To Become A Bar Tender
In most cases, you don’t need a certificate or professional qualification to become a bartender. Basically, all you need to become a bartender is a strong passion for the art of mixing drinks, interacting with many different people, and working late hours. As you work you will be able to gather experience and easily figure things out. All you need to become a bartender in most cases is just passion.
Average Salary Of A Bar Tender In Nigeria
We know you are already thinking “How much do bartenders earn in Nigeria?” Well, based on salary estimates across different pubs in Lagos, the average monthly salary for a bartender in Nigeria is 47,000 Naira.