Investment banking has to do with activities that pertain to advisory-based financial transactions on behalf of individuals, corporations, and governments. From time to time banks have openings for Investment banking jobs. Investment banking is regarded as one of the most prestigious careers in the financial sector. It entails collaborating with organizations to facilitate capital funding through investments, which is performed through activities such as stock and bond underwriting. As an investment banker, you can earn a high salary if you have the right qualifications and experience. However, especially at the start of your career, you may anticipate working long hours.This post will discuss the job description and average salary of investment banking jobs in Nigeria. Keep reading, we got it all covered.
Qualities Of A Good Investment Banker
A good investment banker should possess practical skills such as understanding money, math, and economics, as well as creativity and innovation. Here is a run down of some of the key qualities a good investment banker should possess.
- High Intellect
- Relationship Building Skills
Job Brief Of An Investment Banker
From time to time, commercial banks seek for Investment Bankers to assess businesses and assist customers with capital raising.
Effective underwriting, as well as assessing and concluding finance arrangements, will be your responsibilities.
Quantitative abilities, as well as solid judgment, are essential.
You should also be familiar with the procedures and regulations governing underwriting.
Job Description Of An Investment Banker
- Conduct strategic research and due diligence investigations
- Issue debt and sell equity to raise capital
- Manage IPOs and private equity placements
- Discover and close potential investors
- Facilitate mergers and acquisitions
- Assist with corporate restructuring
- Analyze risk and offer financial advice
- Prepare reports, models, and forecasts
Requirements And Skills For An Investment Banking In Nigeria
- Proven experience as an Investment Banker or Underwriter
- Experience with valuation, modeling, and forecasting
- Knowledge of regulations covering securities and M&As
- Solid grasp of current market developments
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Outstanding communication ability (written and oral)
- Strong work ethic and professionalism
- A valid license as an investment banker is an asset
- BSc/BA in finance, business administration, or similar field; graduate degree is a plus
Average Salary Of Investment Banking Jobs In Nigeria
Based on salary estimates from 3 top-notch investment bankers, we can authoritatively tell you that the average salary of an investment banker in Nigeria is 350,000 Naira.
If you choose to work as an investment banker in Nigeria, you can work in the following places:
Rand Merchant Bank Nigeria Limited
• Quantum Zenith Capital & Investments Limited
• Investment One Capital Management.
• Stanbic IBTC Capital Limited
• Standard Charted Bank
• Coronation Merchant Bank
• Meristem Capital
• The Infrastructure Bank
• First Bank of Nigeria Asset Management
• Renaissance Capital Bank
• Chapel Hill Denham
• Vetiva Capital Management
Log on to Hubforjobs.com Today, and start applying for investment banking jobs or other related jobs. Click here Hubforjobs
You can also connect with Hubforjobs on all their social media handles for more regular job updates
LinkedIn : @HubForJobs
how to become an investment banker in nigeria
investment analyst salary in nigeria
investment banker salary
cfa salary in nigeria
investment banks in nigeria
investment banker job description